O. B. De Alessi presents Kuo’s Eyes & other visions of darkness
TICKETS £5 advance / £7 on the door
PROGRAMME STARTS: 7.30PM
Conceived and hosted by BILLY CHAINSAWABOUT “Kuo’s Eyes”:
Young Kuo is found unconscious in the woods with his eyes torn out. Using his stuffed bear companion Bainfu as a guide, he goes in search of the person responsible for this heinous act. It is equal parts traumatic, mysterious, magical, compelling – and overwhelmingly beautiful. The earlier part of the evening features a selection of O. B. De Alessi’s video works.
ABOUT O. B. De Alessi:
O.B. De Alessi is a visual artist, director, writer and actor from Italy. She graduated from Chelsea College of Art and Design and later from Central Saint Martins, London. O.B.’s videos, live performances, installations and drawings have been exhibited extensively throughout Europe, as well as in South America, Australia and Russia.
O. B. was last seen at the Horse Hospital when I screened Dennis Cooper and Zac Farley’s magnificent ‘Like Cattle Towards Glow’.
O. B. De Alessi’s Official Website: http://www.obdealessi.com/
THE EVENING’S RUNNING ORDER:
• INTRODUCTION by Billy Chainsaw & O. B. De Alessi
• “Dreams Are Black” Director O. B. De Alessi R/T 5 mins
• “That’s Where You’ll Find Me” Director O. B. De Alessi R/T 2 mins 44 secs
• “Dialogue #1” Director O. B. De Alessi R/T 3 mins 59 secs
• “White Moon” Director O. B. De Alessi R/T 15 mins 55 secs
• “The House” Director O. B. De Alessi R/T 11 mins 26 secs
• “Kuo’s Eyes” (2017) Director O. B. De Alessi R/T 28 mins
• LIVE CONVERSATION between Billy Chainsaw & O. B. De Alessi discussing the artist’s work and influences + audience Q & A
INTERMISSION MUSIC PROGRAMMED BY NOVA BILL